What can I do if my Spouse Refuses to Comply with a Court Order?

Many people come to my office once they have a court order, but their spouse is not complying with that order.  The spouse is ordered to do something and they’re refusing to do that.  When that happens, the best thing to do is if it cannot be resolved without the court getting involved, is to file a motion to enforce litigant’s rights.  Whereby you advise the court of what the order states, how your spouse or ex-spouse is not complying, and ask for relief to be granted under that original order.
Additionally, you could ask for other relief to be granted, based upon the individual’s failure not to comply with the order.  I suggest that if you have that concern, and you don’t believe your spouse is complying with the order, you consult with an attorney to get more information.
The law firm of Mattleman, Weinroth & Miller, P.C., is composed of experienced divorce attorneys in the state of New Jersey. Please contact the office for a free initial consultation and get any questions answered.