401 Route 70 East, Suite 100
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Areas of Practice
- Consumer Rights
- Construction Mediation
- Real Estate
- Zoning/Land Use
- Technology Transfer
- Drug Trials
Within the firm, Ms. Katz practices as a Legal Shield consultation attorney. She serves as a court-appointed mediator for Law Division cases and specializes in multi-party construction litigation. Additionally, she regularly counsels property owners on transactional, regulatory, and other legal matters.
Prior to joining MW&M, she served as Counsel and Public Relations Officer for ExperienceCorps Philadelphia (offshoot of Americorps); as Division Chief of Animal Control for the City of Philadelphia; and as a Bioethicist with the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine where she lectured and published on stem cell research, human subjects research protection, and technology transfer.
- 2007 New Jersey
- S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Master of Bioethics
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, Juris Doctor
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
- Two-time consecutive winner of the Legal Shield Individual Member’s Choice Award (2017, 2018)
- Winner, Harvard University ALDF Moot Court Competition
- Fellow, Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society at Temple University Beasley School of Law
- Katz D and JF Merz. Patents and Licensing, Policy, Patenting of Inventions Developed With Public Funds. In Encyclopedia of Ethical, Legal and Policy Issues in Biotechnology, eds. Thomas H. Murray and Maxwell J.Mehlman. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2000.
- Katz D., AL Caplan, and JF Merz. All gifts large and small: Toward an understanding of the ethics of pharmaceutical industry gift giving. The American Journal of Bioethics 3(3):39-46, 2003.
- Katz D, Mansfield, P., Goodman, R., Tiefer, L., Merz, J.F. Psychological aspects of gifts from drug companies (Letter). A.M.A., 290:2404-2405, 2003.
- Caplan AL and D Katz. About Face: The Ethics of Face Transplantation. The Hastings Center 33(1) 2003.
- Katz D and J Neuberger. “Fix” of Reality. American Journal of Bioethics. 2(2); 2002.
- Katz D. When Satan Wears a Stethoscope – A Review of Demon Doctors: Physicians as Serial Killers American Journal of Bioethics. 4(1); 2004.
- Katz D. Truth: Red, White, and Black: A Pop Culture Take on Research Atrocities.
- Katz D. The Agony and the Ecstasy of Free Lunch. net Feb. 10, 2002.
- Katz D. A Primer on Disease Gene Patents: What you should know about the intersection of research and intellectual property. Printed by the Center for Bioethics of the University of Bioethics for use by disease advocacy organizations.
- Center for Community Nonprofits Seminar, Best Practices for Boards of Directors, March 14, 2007.
- University of Pennsylvania Undergraduate Scholars Luncheon, Introduction to Research Ethics, June 15, 2004.
- National Council of Jewish Women Membership Luncheon, Ethics of Stem Cell Research.
- Masonic Village, When Doctors Experiment: Lessons Learned, April 7, 2004.
- Holy Redeemer Health System, Continuing Medical Education (CME) Panel, Ethics of Accepting Drug Company Gifts, September 17, 2003.
- Crosslands , A History of Bioethics, May 6, 2003.
- Beth Sholom Congregation, History of Bioethics, April 7, 2003.
- Beta Beta Beta Induction Ceremony, Cabrini College, Stem Cells and Cloning, March 19, 2003.
- University of Pennsylvania High School Biology Teacher Conference, Warwick Hotel, To Human Subjects Research, November 9, 2002.
- Devon Presbyterian Church, Introduction to Bioethics, April 21, 2002.
- Kenneseth Israel, Politics of Stem Cells and Cloning, April 19, 2002.
- Medford Leas Retirement Village, Politics of Stem Cells and Cloning, March 23, 2002.
- Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church, Human Subjects Research Protections, March 1, 2002.
- Pennsylvania State University/National Honor Society Luncheon, Politics of Stem Cells and Cloning, April 13, 2002.
- Delaware Association of Retired Scientists, Dupont Country Club, Basic Bioethics, November 9, 2001.
- Philadelphia University, Introduction to Bioethics, October 22, 2001.
- 29th Conference on Value Inquiry: Crime, Punishment, and Responsibility, Workplace Drug Testing as an Affront to Dignity Tulsa, OK, 2001 (was ultimately unable to present).
- Research Ethics Graduate Course, Introduction to Research Ethics, Summer 2001, Fall 2001.
- History of Medicine Conference, Williamsburg, VA, Chase’s Patent Truss: An Early Example of Medical Patenting, 1997