401 Route 70 East, Suite 100
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Areas of Practice
- Education Law
- Business Litigation
Mr. Tanenbaum has been practicing law since 1993. He began handling corporate litigation for large companies, including but not limited to environmental matters, trademark and copyright matters, employment matters and business transaction disputes. He has appeared and argued cases in both state and federal trial courts and courts of appeals, as well as before state administrative bodies.
Mr. Tanenbaum is a past chairperson of a parent support group in Haddonfield, New Jersey for families with children who have special needs; and a past volunteer for the Philadelphia Support Center for Child Advocates. He has also been a lay leader in the Anti-Defamation League.
During Mr. Tanenbaum’s time as a corporate litigator, he began taking civil rights cases on a pro-bono basis. Among those cases, he was more and more drawn to matters involving adults and children with disabilities, which in turn led me into representations involving almost any aspect of education. For example, one of his earliest disabilities case success was obtaining the right to receive additional time on medical boards for a medical student with significant levels of dyslexia. At the time of his case, it was one of the first of its kind in the country. Since then, he has achieved meaningful success for clients in matters relating to education, including but not limited to obtaining payment for private schools, upholding student First Amendment rights, overturning disciplinary actions, and obtaining the right to special education services. He has also represented teachers when faced with disciplinary or retaliatory action from their school districts.
- 1993 New Jersey
- 1993 Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Temple University, Bachelors of Music Performance
- Temple University School of Law, (First in Class), J.D.
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Barenkoph Scholar Award – graduated first in class from law school
- ADL Sidney Wilf Award for Distinguished Leadership, 2004
- Temple Law Review, editor-in-chief