MWM attorneys know from firsthand experience that matters related to business law can be complex and difficult to navigate without the proper counsel, experience and/or resources. The Firm has significant experience in navigating the life cycle of various business entity types in a variety of industries, from formation to restructuring, to succession planning & business dissolutions, as well as business sales & purchases. The firm regularly handles transactional matters and negotiations on behalf of a number of business clients, and is skilled at litigating business disputes. Many of our clients have come to depend upon the holistic, practical and efficient legal services we provide – at significantly less cost than retaining in-house counsel – therefore, they retain the Firm to fulfill the role of general counsel for their small to mid-size businesses.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Business formation
- Drafting business documents including bylaws, corporate resolutions & operating agreements
- Negotiating the sale and/or purchase of businesses
- Preparing employment agreements and restrictive covenants
- Drafting sale and merger agreements
- Resolving shareholder disputes
- Negotiation and review of real estate purchase agreements, leases and contracts
- Debt collection
- Compliance and regulatory matters
Criminal Defense and Municipal Court
MWM attorneys have fought for the rights of criminal defendants throughout all of New Jersey for decades. The Firm takes a personalized approach to the practice of law, offering zealous representation that minimizes the consequences of arrest or prosecution, while also providing clients with an explanation of the judicial process so as to minimize anxiety and negative impacts on employment, family and finances.
Importantly, the Firm has the resources to thoroughly investigate the facts and circumstances of each case, so as to understand the allegations against every client, and the elements necessary to establish an aggressive, lawful defense. The Firm’s staff prepare and file all necessary documentation to protect the rights of each client.
Examples of our criminal and municipal defense matters include, but are not limited to:
- Probation violations
- Reckless driving
- Driving on a revoked or suspended license
- Distracted driving
- Driving without proper insurance
- Leaving the scene of an accident/failure to report an accident
- Improper use of a cell phone while driving