Can Child Support be Modified in NJ?

  • To get the amount of child support changed in New Jersey, you must show a viable change in your circumstances.
  • Being unemployed for a short time does not qualify; you must have another child, have a serious medical condition, go on disability or something like that to qualify as a change in circumstance.
  • It is best for you if you consult an experienced attorney before filing a motion to change child support.