What can I do if my Spouse Refuses to Comply with a Court Order?

  • If a spouse refuses to follow a court order to do something, the next step is filing a motion to enforce litigant’s rights.
  • You advise the court of the contents of the court order, your spouse’s behavior, and ask the court for relief to be granted under the original order.
  • Also, based on the individual’s failure to comply, you could ask for other relief.
  • The best thing to do is to consult an experienced attorney.