What should I do if I was recently served with Divorce Papers?

  • If you are served with a divorce complaint, do the following: first, take a deep breath; second, collect all your financial documents; and third, contact an experienced attorney to understand your rights and responsibilities are in handling the divorce proceedings.
  • Your financial documents include: any payments that you make each month, any 401(k)s, any income information, and your tax return.