Who will pay my wages if I have to stay out of work?

  • Your first option is to go through temporary disability which is a state program  Next is to use your automobile insurance to collect your wages
  • Unfortunately, neither of these coverages provide you the same amount of wages that you earn when you’re working
  • Money has to be obtained somewhere. In this type of case we get the excess through the person who caused your injury
  • The only other alternative is if you get injured in the course of your employment, you have workers’ compensation that pays temporary
  • Either way, you are in the same situation. It will not pay you 100% of your loss and so we’re left to pursue the excess against the person who caused your injury