Do I Have to Sue my Family or Friend if I Was Involved in an Auto Accident in their Car in New Jersey?

pulled overUnfortunately, in New Jersey many accidents occur when you are a passenger in a car driven by either a friend or a family member. In New Jersey you are not permitted to bring a direct suit against an insurance company. If you are injured in a car accident involving either a friend or a relative, you would have to name that person in the lawsuit and actually sue them as part of the lawsuit. Keep in mind, they are covered by their automobile insurance company and very rarely, if ever, is there any personal responsibility or are they making any personal monetary payment to resolve the issue.

The law firm of Mattleman, Weinroth & Miller, P.C., is composed of experienced personal injury attorneys throughout the state of New Jersey. Please contact the office for a free initial consultation and get any questions answered regarding your specific case.