Who Would Pay my Wages if I Stay out of Work?

Many people when they’re involved in a motor vehicle accident want to know how their wages are going to be paid so that they can keep food on the table. In Delaware, most policies have a 15-30 personal injury protection plan. What that means is that you have $15,000 per person or $30,000 per accident. Your wages will be paid from that personal injury protection, which will also be used to pay your medical bills.

It’s important that the medical bills get paid but also important that you get paid while you’re out of work. If this is an accident involving workers’ comp, that is you were injured on the job, some of those benefits may be able to be used with workers’ comp and leave the personal injury protection for the payment of the medical bills.

The law firm of Mattleman, Weinroth & Miller, P.C., is composed of experienced personal injury attorneys throughout the state of Delaware. Please contact the office for a free initial consultation and get any questions answered regarding your specificcase.